Friday, April 13, 2012

Lime Green Paper Bag Album

I completed this paper bag album this week for a swap over at www.swapbot.com. There's a group for swapping these little darlings, and since I love creating them, I just couldn't resist joining. This swap was 2 Bags - Artist's Choice. I usually wait until partners are assigned so I can check out their profile and try to create something the recipient will like. My partner for this swap likes green & frogs, so this is what I came up with. I started with 2 lime green gift bags from Hobby Lobby. After folding them in half, I layered them with the tops of the bags facing opposite directions and punched 3 holes using my Crop-A-Dile II. Lime green rat-tail cord was threaded through the holes and tied at the top to bind the book. I added a piece of white satin ribbon through the middle of the book for additional stability.














I cut three tags for each pocket formed when the bag was folded in half. I used my Tim Holtz "On the Edge" file folder die and my Sizzix Big Shot machine to cut the edges.













I cut smaller tags using the Sizzix Die Tags #3 and embellished them with flowers created by layering the two smallest flowers from Tim Holtz's Tattered Florals with the two smallest flowers from the Spellbinders Carnation Creations. I joined all petals to the tag using brads.

The padded frog stickers are from the Paper Studio.


Pieces of card stock were cut diagonally using the Tim Holtz "On the Edge" Scallops die to create pockets to hold the tags.







Thanks for stopping by! Until next time, happy scrapping! Shirley & Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment