Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Mini Album Idea

I've just started a new mini album with a twist. Instead of the paper bag albums I've been making lately, I'm working on a design using a 12" X 12" sheet of card stock, folded in half, cut into 2 pieces for my pages. The binding I'm using is sort of like the step books I've made with my elementary students, only in miniature. Right now it's in the planning stage with pieces of paper in various stages of construction strewn across my daughter's dining table!

She's just started 4 lovely paper bag albums using the Mariposa paper stack by DCWV (Die Cuts With a View). I've been saving this lovely paper for just the right project and when Katie showed me her design ideas, I knew she needed this special paper. Each mini will have 6 black paper bags (lunch size), lots of tags (creating ample space for both pictures & journaling) and are going to be gorgeous! I'll post pictures of both projects soon.

Katie has recently become a stay-at-home mom and is loving it. She's having so much fun with Alex (six and in kindergarten) and Emily (four - going on twenty!). This hiatus is giving her a chance to get back to creating again. She's always loved drawing and photography, so she's been thrilled to apply her design sense to paper arts. She's expressed a desire to design her own line of paper, so be sure to watch for her original papers in future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment