Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Paper Bag Albums

I just had to share pictures of the paper bag albums my daughter & I have been making. She & I worked on the design details together, then we created three more using the same paper pack (Persnickety by the Paper Studio - Hobby Lobby) along with some black, white & maroon solid cardstock from an unknown company - I buy things everywhere - if it doesn't have a name on it, I'm just out-of-luck

We used six white paper bags (lunch bag size) to create the base of each album, giving lots of space for pictures & journaling.

Each of the six big pockets hold a tag that measures 5 1/4" X 6". They are designed to be used as-is by folks that don't scrapbook (or want a hand crafted gift but don't have time to create) as well as leaving plenty of space for you scrapbookers to personalize the album with treasures from your stash!

Thirteen smaller tags are tucked invitingly under belly bands and in pockets. Two are even hiding inside a pocket on one of the large tags. Many edges are delightfully shaped along one side with the Martha Stewart Doily Lace Edge Punch. When we were designing this album the papers just screamed "Paris!" So we allowed the album to sweep us away as it grew a personality of its own. You'll find stamps of the Eifel Tower, reproduction prints (from public domain sources) including lovely ladies and old-fashioned postcards. Paper flowers adorn some of the pages. These were hand punched from coordinating paper, layered and distressed using Tim Holtz Destress Inks. Stickles, glimmer mist and vintage buttons add to the album's charm.
The cover was created using heavy mat board for a strong, lasting cover that will protect your precious memories for many years to come. Ribbon and silk flowers with a vintage button center form the closure.

One of these albums would be a perfect gift for someone special, yourself included! There are only four available. The outside covers are the only difference, the interiors are as identical as any hand created piece of paper art can be.

Persnickety #1 features a brown binding with intersecting lighter lines forming squares. The flower closure was created with a green base topped with a hot pink blossom sporting fun navy spots and a vintage pearl button.

Persnickety # 2 sports the same brown binding as #1. The flower that adorns this album has a green base topped with two layers of soft mauve petals and a vintage pearl button closure.

Persnickety # 3 has a lovely dark brown binding with tiny pink polka dots. A beautiful green base along with two layers of hot pink petals accented with the fun navy dots and yet another vintage pearl button create the lovely closure on this album.

Persnickety # 4 has the same lovely binding as featured on #3. The flower closure adorning this album has a green base topped with a single soft mauve blossom and vintage button. I'm having difficulty getting a picture of # 4 to download. With my luck I'll publish this post only to have a half-dozen copies that I'll have to try to edit out!

The buttons on these albums came from my grandmother's button box that I played with as a young girl many years ago. I've decided it's better to get them out and use them where their old fashioned charm can be shared than to leave them on the shelf in an old tea biscuit tin. I am saving some for my grand daughter who loves to play with grandma's buttons as much as I once did. I'm setting up an ETSY store to sell these albums. I'll post the url for it soon, so check back!

No comments:

Post a Comment